This flipper used a DSM2 Lemon-RX receiver but this has been discontinued. There is a newer version that uses DSMP, compatible with both DSM2 & DSMX.
Now I’ve discovered that there are other, NON-COMPATIBLE, products out there…I was a fool to think that it was all so simple. Anyway, this is my current set-up which may become redundant pretty soon…about like VHS video tapes (ask your folks!).
- NanoTwo ESC – a compact ESC with a built in DSMX/DSM2 receiver. Currently replaced with the NanoTwo LT – a receiver-less version of the NanoTwo ESC. Set-up guide.
- Nuts and Bolts recommend the Lemon RX range of receivers (Not PPM or CPPM).
- A pair of 30:1 gear motors, again from Nuts and Bolts.
- A Spektrum D6i transmitter – which looks great and is easy to use.
- Turnigy Nano-Tech 2S Lipo Battery
- Turnigy Nano-Tech 2S Lipo Battery Charger
- Because I was running a school club I needed a safe place to charge our LiPo batteries so I used a BatBox
- Also I bought a couple of complete “off the shelf” AW robots to get the students engaged.