Open to year 7s this is a chance to build and fight your own mini-robowars!
Antweight robots must weigh less than 150g and fit within a 4 inch cube. If you are interested in joining you need to form a team of at least 4 members and be willing to put 25 pounds each into the kitty. This will go to buying the electronics, motors etc which we will fit into the robot chassis’ you design. Mr. Elphick will manage each teams kitty and the purchase of all kit.
Example Components .
- Armour – 5mm dense foamboard, 0.5 mm aluminium and 2mm polycarbonate.
- Weapon – 8 cm diameter 2mm thick 32 grams of stainless steel.
- Wheels – 3d printed 25 mm diameter from nuts and bots.
- Drive ESC – Fingertech tiny ESC V2 x2
- Drive Motors – 50:1 Micro Metal Gearmotors 420 RPM.
- Battery – Turnigy nano-tech 300mah 2S 35~70C Lipo Pack.
- Power Switch – Fingertech mini power switch.
- Weapon ESC – Afro Slim ESC
- Weapon Motor – Redcon Antigravity 2204-2300KV Brushless Motor
We can design chassis in Google SketchUp or Fusion 360 and then print them on the STEM 3D printer OR you can design and build them out of traditional d.TEC materials such as aluminium or polycarbonates. Either way once built we can battle them within the school or at the Antweight Combat Robot Nationals.
So, start researching, talk to you mates and then come see Mr. Elphick in the FabLab at lunchtime!